I invite you to come on my journey as I develop my vegan dietary lifestyle.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Gluten Withdrawal

Day 15 gluten free I thought. I had some commercially made barbeque sauce on Saturday. By Saturday night the old familiar symptoms were back. Sunday was a write off.
Gluten is VERY sneaky. The barbeque sauce had corn maltdextrin (I understood that barley malt was a no no) and I thought corn was Ok. I guess not.
I'm feeling a lot better today. The old usual symptoms are gone. Just have to be more diligent.
I checked this website the-gluten-free-chef.com for his list of foods to avoid.
And thank you to Gluten Free Goddess for her bread recipe. Get the recipe at the link. I tried it first with the bread machine, pretty good results. Tasted good. Next time I'm going to try the oven baked method.
Gluten Free Goddess Picture of her "Delicious Gluten Free Bread"

No comments: