I invite you to come on my journey as I develop my vegan dietary lifestyle.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ginger and Cinnamon tea

I drink a litre of ginger tea with cinnamon daily. I learned this from an elderly Caribbean lady at my church. She had been English trained as a nurse in the "islands" and ginger tea was used for stomach upset and overall pain. I added cinnamon also due to its' anti inflammatory qualities.

Ginger & Cinnamon Tea

1 TBSP of ginger root grated
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 tsp of sweetener-your choice to taste
1 litre boiling water

Put the ginger and cinnamon into a 1 litre (4 cup) measuring cup-fill with boiling water. Cover, steep and let cool to room temperature. Taste and sweeten to taste. Strain into another container and chill in the refrigerator. Enjoy!

No comments: