I invite you to come on my journey as I develop my vegan dietary lifestyle.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Rotini and Mixed Vegetable Side Dish

October has been a difficult month. First my camera gave up the ghost, then my lap top. I am saving up to replace them.
The Thanksgiving Craft Fair was a success. But 3 days outside left me under the weather(excuse the pun), then followed by a wonderful Italian wedding with very affectionate people ending up with a cold.
I need to be more aggressive at improving my immune system.
Veggies are definitely part of the answer.
There are some frozen veggies with pasta mixes available in the frozen food aisle. These mixes sometimes have skim milk powder listed on the label.
These veggie/pasta mixes are easy to replicate.

INGREDIENTS:
500 gram package of Europe's Best Nature's Balance(a blend of Leaf Spinach,Sugar Snap Peas, Broccoli, Asparagus, Red Pepper, Yellow Pepper, Garlic Sprouts)

2 cups of dry Rotini Pasta
2 TBSP of Earth Balance Margarine
1 TBSP Montreal Steak Spice
2 tsp garlic powder.

Cook pasta separately as directed. Meanwhile cook the whole package of the veggies as directed. I used the microwave.
Drain pasta when cooked, return to pot, add 1 TBSP of margarine and spices.Mix thoroughly. Add hot veggies, mix and add rest of margarine.

Makes enough for 6 side dishes.

It would be neat to use tri coloured pasta if you can find it. Here's a net picture of rotini. Hoping to get the new camera soon.

No comments: