I invite you to come on my journey as I develop my vegan dietary lifestyle.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tough Enough Cookware

I have a great neighbour that does home shows for Epicure. This company sells food related products and mixes. Not all their mixes are vegan, but they do list the ingredients. I've been experimenting with some of their mixes with good success. But these recipes still need some tweaking. The pots and the wok I've received are amazing to work with. Easy clean, no flaking of the surface, can finish your recipe in the oven if needed. I'm starting to replace my fry pans, then next the griddle. At some point I hope to have the complete collection. The prices are comparable to high end cookware, but without the inflation of retail stores. I use the wok for so many recipes. Risotto, stews, making my breakfast oatmeal/spelt, rice only, steaming and of course stir fries. It has a large surface, easy to clean. Above all able to handle the high heat I use it for without it degrading or flaking. Traditional non-stick surfaces are recommended not to use high heat.
This company hails from British Columbia. Check them out at www.epicureselections.com.

No comments: